Wednesday, January 2, 2013

In retrospect...

So 2012 was definitely a weird year.  I got a real job with the state, my monkey turned two, we had a series of babies placed with us - some for very short periods of time and two for longer term (one of whom will hopefully get to stay with us forever), we lost a few friends, we saw some tragedies unfold in our nation, we grieved for the bad things that happened and then we watched as we put ourselves back together.  I had friends adopt their babies and other friends give birth.  I lost my companion of 16 years over the 4th of July weekend and we had several storms give us a run for our money.

All in all, I'm glad 2012 is gone.  I'm looking forward to 2013 being a good year for us.  Me and the boys spent the first day of the new year playing at the park before going to my aunt's for dinner - well, Warrren played while the duck slept in his stroller.  Here's a peek at the fun we had:


Warren loves to climb - and he's getting quite fearless.  That kind of scares me... but I gotta let him have fun and time to explore!

 
I don't quite remember exactly what he was saying right here, but doesn't it look like "Oh snaaaaaap!"
 


I can't even begin to tell you how much this little man lights up my life with his smile.


This is his GQ pose.



What is it about a tunnel that makes little boys just giggle?  He loves to climb into everything he can!

I can't wait until the duck is old enough to play with his big brother.  I just know they're gonna keep me on my toes!


 

No comments: